Our philosophy is simple. Using the most efficient exercise protocol science has to offer, you can achieve phenomenal results in just two 22-minute workouts per week. Intense 22 Fitness is a scientifically designed exercise facility that will help you realize incredible results with super slow strength training in Austin, Texas.
All workouts are conducted by highly trained exercise professionals in a specially designed workout environment. Our workout facility in Austin features:
- Biofeedback computer monitored exercise equipment
- State-of-the-art body composition analysis
- Nutritional guidance tools that were developed by a NASA Scientist
- Cutting-edge nutritional products
Everything our Austin resistance trainers use has been carefully designed to effectively, efficiently and safely take you to the heights of your health, wellness and fitness goals.
At Intense 22 Fitness, failure is not an option…it’s the objective!
The Renaissance Exercise Protocol
The Intense 22 Fitness philosophy begins with the Renaissance Exercise Protocol. Three decades ago a team of researchers was charged with developing a method of training that increased bone density in osteoporosis patients. In the process of the study a method of training was born that yielded amazing strength gains not only for the osteoporosis group, but for everyone from professional athletes to couch potatoes.
Intense 22 Fitness has meticulously recreated the aspects of the research including:
- Speed of motion for the most effective and efficient exercise
- Focus on muscle fatigue and not on pounds lifted or repetitions completed
- The best breathing technique for safety and optimal strength
- Proper head, neck, joint and overall body alignment practices
- A temperature controlled environment that keeps the body from overheating (sweat evaporates, you stay dry!)
- A distraction-free environment to facilitate mental focus
- Specially designed exercise equipment that provides near frictionless movement
- Cams to align resistance with human physiology
- End-stops to keep pressure off of the skeletal system and joints
- Ergonomically positioned seats and handles
- Biofeedback computer monitoring to track and display your effort in real-time
How the Resistance Training in Austin Works
An entire workout at Intense 22 Fitness lasts about 22 minutes. Our more advanced clients can complete a full body workout in 7 minutes! How can it be so short? The answer is, “proper loading of the muscles.”
Using the proper speed of motion and specially designed equipment, we load your muscles and keep them loaded until the greatest benefits of exercise can be triggered. By loading your muscles and keeping them loaded until muscle fatigue is achieved, the adaptive processes of your body are quickly activated without the need for a long drawn out exercise session.
It only takes between 90 and 180 seconds for a set of muscles to reach deep fatigue. Therefore, you are only on each piece of equipment for between 90 and 180 seconds! This is one of the primary things that sets Intense 22 Fitness apart from other exercise systems: we do not over-train the muscle or place unneeded and harmful stress on joints and the skeletal system.
Even though you are only on each machine for a short amount of time, it is an intense period through which you will be guided step-by-step by a highly trained exercise professional. During each session your trainer will remind you that “the road to success begins with failure,” also known as muscle fatigue.
That is why you will hear our Austin resistance trainers say “Failure is not an option. It’s the objective.”
Because of the intensity of the workouts, our clients require two to three days of recovery time in between workouts. That means that two-22 minute sessions, per week is more than sufficient for optimal health, wellness and fitness.
The Intense 22 Fitness training system yields phenomenal results such as:
- Decreased body fat percentage
- Increased lean muscle mass
- Sustained fat loss
- More energy
- Improved functional ability
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Increased Flexibility
- Bone loss prevention
- Increased metabolism
What will your first visit to Intense 22 Fitness look like? Learn more about our personal training process or contact us today to schedule a visit.